FOR THE ROLLS
- 100g rice-vermicelli noodles
- 2 carrots, peeled
- ½ cucumber
- 12 spring-roll wrappers
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 baby-gem lettuce, shredded
- small bunch mint, leaves picked
- small bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 3 tbsp chopped salted peanuts, plus extra to garnish
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
- 75g peanut butter
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 tbsp sweet-chilli sauce
- Put noodles into a heatproof bowl and pour over boiling water from the kettle. Leave to soften for 3 to 4 minutes, drain and run under cold water to cool. Set aside. Slice carrots and cucumber into fine matchsticks.
- Fill a large baking tray with just-warm water. Dip a spring-roll wrapper into water until soft and pliable – about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Carefully remove from water and lay flat on a board.
- In a horizontal line down the centre of the wrapper, lay some noodles, carrot, cucumber, spring onion, lettuce, herbs and salted peanuts. Fold wrapper sides in to seal, then fold base over filling and roll up to seal, being careful not to tear the wrapper.
- Repeat soaking and filling with remaining wrappers and filling.
- To make the dipping sauce, whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl with enough water to reach a loose dipping consistency. Garnish with chopped peanuts. Serve with the summer rolls.
- EACH ROLL: About 570kJ, 4g protein, 5g fat (1g saturated), 17g carbohydrate (3g total sugars), 1g fibre.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter