- 4 preserved lemons, halved, flesh and pips discarded
- 3 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 tbsp canola or olive oil
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- 200g giant couscous
- 175g frozen petits pois
- 200g fine green beans, trimmed
- handful pitted green olives, chopped
- 25g each fresh parsley and mint, roughly chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Blend the preserved lemon rind, thyme and garlic in a food processor until fairly smooth (or finely chop by hand). Scrape into a large bowl and mix in 2 tbsp each of the oil and honey. Stir through the chicken.
- Arrange coated chicken on a rack set over a roasting tin. Grill, turning halfway, for 15 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Lift onto a board to rest. Scrape cooking juices from the tin into a small bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add couscous and cook for 3 minutes, then add the petits pois and beans, and cook for a further 4 minutes. Drain into a colander and cool under cold running water. Drain well, then empty onto a large serving plate. Stir through olives and herbs.
- Whisk remaining oil, honey and lemon juice into bowl of reserved juices and season to taste. Slice the chicken and scatter it over the couscous. Drizzle over dressing and serve.
EACH SERVING About 2 310kJ, 35g protein, 28g fat (6g saturated), 39g carbohydrate (11g total sugars), 5g fibre.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter