- 1,3 litres chicken stock
- 100ml low-fat milk
- 1 medium potato, roughly chopped
- 1 kg bag frozen sweet corn
- 1 cooked skinless chicken breast, finely chopped
- ½ avocado, finely chopped
- 40g mature Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- few dashes Tabasco sauce, to taste
- small handful of fresh coriander, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 2 flour tortilla wraps
- Put stock and milk into a large pot and add the potato. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes or until potato is cooked. Add half of the frozen sweet corn.
- Meanwhile, put the chicken, avocado, cheese, Tabasco and coriander into a bowl with plenty of seasoning and stir to combine.
- Blend soup until very smooth. (Do this in batches, if necessary.) Return soup to the pan and add the rest of the frozen corn. Check seasoning.
- Heat a griddle pan over medium heat, then lay a tortilla in the pan. Spoon chicken mixture over tortilla, then press on second tortilla. Heat for 3 to 5 minutes, then flip it. (Slide onto a plate, then put another plate on top, invert it, then slide back in pan.) Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, reheat soup. Ladle into bowls and garnish with coriander. Cut quesadilla into wedges and serve with the soup.
EACH SERVING 2 177kJ, 15g fat (4g saturated), 74g carbohydrate (8g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter