- 800g sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1,5cm chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 425g canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup salsa verde or basil pesto
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 8 corn tortillas
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Toss 800g sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1,5cm chunks, with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp chilli powder and ½ tsp salt. Arrange on a large baking tray; roast for 30 minutes in a 230°C oven.
- In a pot, combine 425g canned black beans, rinsed and drained, with ½ cup salsa verde or basil pesto; cook on medium until warm, stirring.
- Serve sweet potatoes and beans with 1 avocado, thinly sliced; 8 corn tortillas; ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese; and coriander. Serves 4.
- EACH SERVING: About 1 950kJ, 13g protein, 70g carbohydrate, 16g fat (3g saturated), 16g fibre.
- WHAT MAKES THIS DINNER SO HEART-HEALTHY? It’s made with tons of mineral- and antioxidant-packed veg, soluble-fibre-filled black beans and monounsaturated fat from avocado and olive oil – all linked to lowering blood pressure and cholesterol.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter