- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 small onion
- 570g extra-lean beef mince
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 4 hot-dog rolls
- grated Cheddar cheese
- In a 30cm frying pan, heat 1 tbsp canola oil on medium high.
- Add 1 small onion, finely chopped. Cook for 3 minutes or until starting to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add 570g extra-lean beef mince, 2 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp ground cumin and ½ tsp salt. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until beef is cooked, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Stir in 2 medium tomatoes, chopped. Cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Serve on 4 hot-dog rolls, lightly toasted. Top with grated Cheddar cheese and lettuce.
EACH SERVING About 1 820kJ, 34g protein, 27g carbohydrate, 21g fat (7g saturated), 2g fibre, 665mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter