- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1,8kg boneless pork shoulder, trimmed, cut into 3 pieces
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 jalapeño chillies, seeded and chopped
- 2 serrano chillies, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 24 small tortillas, warmed sliced spring onions, sliced radishes, coriander, salsa and lime wedges, for serving
- In a 30cm frying pan, heat oil on medium-high until hot. Season pork with cumin and 1 tsp salt. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned on two sides, turning over once halfway through. Transfer pork to a slow-cooker bowl.
- To frying pan, add onion, chillies and garlic; cook for 2 minutes, stirring often. Transfer to slow-cooker bowl along with stock and lime juice. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until very tender.
- Transfer pork to a chopping board; with two forks, pull into bite-size shreds, discarding any fat. Serve with tortillas, spring onions, radishes, coriander, salsa and lime wedges.