- 75g plain low-fat yoghurt, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 3 tbsp tandoori paste
- 1 tsp cornflour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- vegetable oil, to grease pan
- 4 whole-wheat pita breads
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- large handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- mango chutney, optional
- In a large bowl, stir together the yoghurt, tandoori paste, cornflour and some seasoning. Add chicken and stir to coat.
- Heat a greased griddle pan over medium heat and cook the chicken for 15 minutes, turning once until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toast pitas and split in half. Slice cooked chicken breasts at an angle. Stuff pitas with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and coriander. Serve with lemon wedges and mango chutney or yoghurt, if you like.
Each serving About 1 850kJ, 8g fat (1g saturated), 48g carbohydrate (5g total sugars)
Tip If you don’t have a griddle pan, grill chicken in step 2 for 12 to 15 minutes, turning midway, until golden and cooked through.