Recipe IngredientsTurn bottom-of-the bag tortilla or potato chips into breadcrumbs. Pulse in a food processor or blender for a satisfying crunch.
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 1 cup crumbled goats’ milk cheese
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale
- 1½ cups chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup corn
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- Make egg base: Whisk 4 large eggs, ¼ cup milk and ½ tsp salt. Stir in fresh soft herbs (¼ cup finely chopped coriander) and soft cheeses (1 cup grated Cheddar + 1 cup crumbled goats’ milk cheese).
- In a large bowl, combine egg base with veggies (2 cups thinly sliced kale + 1½ cups chopped tomatoes + ½ cup corn) and cooked starches (4 cups tortilla chips). Toss to coat.
- Add veggie mixture to a 2ℓ baking dish. Cover and bake in a 205°C oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until egg sets and cheese melts. Uncover for last 5 minutes to brown the top.
EACH SERVING: About 1 220kJ, 15g protein, 19g carbohydrate, 18g fat (9g saturated), 3g fibre, 440mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter