- 410g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 410g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 150g sweet corn
- 2 tbsp sliced jalapeño peppers
- small handful of fresh coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 2 medium eggs
- 75g fresh or dried white breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 rolls (toasted, if you like)
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and thinly sliced
- 4 tsp sour cream
- 4 tsp tomato salsa
- Put the first five ingredients and plenty of seasoning into a food processor and pulse until combined but still with a chunky texture. Empty into a large bowl and stir through the eggs and breadcrumbs. Form into four patties.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan; gently fry the patties for 8 to 10 minutes, carefully turning once, until golden and piping hot.
- Serve the burgers on buns, topped with avocado slices, a small dollop of sour cream and some tomato salsa.
Each serving 2 336kJ, 18g fat (4g saturated), 80g carbohydrate (11g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter