- 1kg chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp sweet-chilli sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2,5cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 250g long-grain rice, washed 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- small handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Put the chicken pieces in a roasting tin just large enough to hold them in a single layer. Add the oil, chilli sauce, fish sauce, ginger and garlic, and lime zest and juice. Stir together. (Using your hands is easiest.) Turn the chicken pieces skin-side up and cook for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- When the chicken has 15 minutes left in the oven, cook the rice according to the instructions, adding the desiccated coconut after 5 minutes.
- Stir the coriander through the finished cooked rice and serve with the chicken, drizzled with pan juices.
EACH SERVING 3 245kJ, 41g fat (16g saturated), 59g carbohydrate (4g total sugars).
Tip: Put chicken and marinade ingredients into a large sandwich bag and massage well. Chill for up to a day. Tip into a roasting tin and complete recipe to serve.
Tip: Cool any leftover rice quickly by spreading over a tray. Cover and chill. Use within two days, reheating until piping hot in a pan with a splash of water.