FOR THE BURGERS
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 500g pork mince
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 streaky-bacon rashers
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 English muffins, halved and toasted
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat and cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes or until tender. Empty into a large bowl and set the pan aside.
2. To the bowl add the onion, tomato sauce, Worcester sauce, pork mince, parsley and plenty of seasoning, and mix to combine.
3. Divide the mixture equally into four and shape each portion into a flattened patty. Return the pan to a medium heat and fry the burgers for 15 to 18 minutes, turning occasionally, or until cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, heat another frying pan and cook the bacon rashers until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper. Next, crack the eggs into the empty pan and fry them over a gentle heat until the whites are set and the yolks are still soft.
5. Serve each burger on half a toasted muffin, topped with some bacon and a fried egg.
eaCH SeRVING About 2 150kJ, 30g fat (10g saturated), 19g carbohydrate (5g total sugars).