- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed), finely chopped
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- 1cup couscous
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- ½ cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 can (400g) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- In a small bowl, cover sun-dried tomatoes with hot water. Let stand.
- Heat a large covered pot of water to boiling on high. Fill a large bowl with ice and water. Add green beans to boiling water. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp tender; transfer to ice water. When cool, drain well. Cut into 2,5cm pieces.
- Cook couscous as the label instructs. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Meanwhile, cut cherry tomatoes in half and chop olives and parsley.
- Into a large bowl, from lemon, grate 1 teaspoon zest and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. Stir in vinegar, oil, sugar and ¼ teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drain sun-dried tomatoes well; stir into mixture. Add beans, couscous, cherry tomatoes, olives, parsley and ¼ teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir until well mixed.
Each Serving: About 1 420kJ, 12g protein, 56g carbohydrate, 8g total fat (1g saturated), 10g fibre, 0mg cholesterol.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter