- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 300g risotto rice
- 50ml white wine
- 400g can tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- about 800ml hot vegetable stock
- 40g feta, crumbled
- large handful fresh basil, roughly chopped, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion and fennel. Add a splash of water and fry until softened (about 8 minutes), stirring occasionally. Stir in the rice, wine and canned and puréed tomatoes, and cook for 1 minute.
2. Gradually add the stock, one ladleful at a time, adding each ladleful only when the previous one has been absorbed. Stir well after each addition. Continue until the rice is tender (about 15 minutes), adding more or less stock depending on how the rice is cooking.
3. Divide among four bowls and garnish with feta, basil and extra-virgin olive oil.
EACH SERVING 1 510kJ, 9g protein, 3g fat (1g saturated), 70g carbohydrate (6g sugars), 4g fibre.