- salt and pepper
- 2 punnets Roma or cherry tomatoes
- 600g boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- 450g penne rigate
- 70g baby rocket
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, plus additional for serving
- 1 small clove garlic
1. Put water on to boil in a medium to large pot. Add 2 teaspoons of salt. Cut tomatoes in half and cut the chicken into 1,5cm chunks.
2. ln a 30cm frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium-high until hot. Sprinkle chicken with . teaspoon each of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add chicken to frying pan in a single layer; cook for 4 minutes or until golden on both sides, stirring once halfway through. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate.
3. To the same pan, add tomatoes and ⅛ teaspoon of salt. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tomatoes are soft, scraping up browned bits. Return chicken and any juices to pan and remove from heat.
4. Meanwhile, add pasta to boiling water in pot. Cook according to instructions, stirring occasionally. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta cooking water. Drain pasta and return to pot, along with tomato mixture.
5. Using a stick or standing blender, puree rocket, Parmesan, garlic, reserved cooking water, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and the remaining 1/4 cup of oil until smooth. To pot, add rocket mixture, stirring until well combined.
6. To serve, sprinkle with additional grated Parmesan, if you like.