- 600ml tropical-juice blend – we used orange and mango
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2½ tbsp dark rum, optional
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 granadillas
- In a large bowl, stir together the fruit juice, sugar, rum (if using) and lime juice until sugar dissolves. Pour into a roasting tin and freeze overnight, or until completely solid.
- Halve the granadillas and scrape the seeds into a small bowl.
- When ready to eat, scrape the tines of a fork firmly across the surface of the frozen mixture to form small, chilled flakes. Spoon flakes into small glasses, spoon over some granadilla seeds and serve immediately.
EACH SERVING 441kJ, 0g fat (0g saturated), 23g carbohydrate (23g total sugars).
Prepare to end of step 1 up to a week ahead. A day before serving, put a medium freezer-proof serving dish in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes. Take out frozen granita and scrape into flakes. Working quickly, transfer flakes to the chilled serving dish and freeze again until you’re ready to serve. Then simply spoon granita into the glasses and garnish with granadilla seeds.