- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2,5cm piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 4 x 125g tuna steaks
- 1 cucumber, ends trimmed
- 1⁄2 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tbsp to 1 tbsp red chilli, to taste, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tbsp sesame seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices from a large bloomer loaf (oval loaf baked on a flat tray)
- soya sauce, to drizzle
1. In a small bowl, stir together 1 tbsp of the sesame oil with the vegetable oil and ginger. Brush the mixture over the tuna steaks and set aside.
2. Peel the cucumber into ribbons with a vegetable peeler and put into a bowl with the remaining sesame oil, vinegar, chilli, sesame seeds and some seasoning. Set aside.
3. Heat a griddle pan over a high heat for a few minutes, then toast the bread slices for 2 to 3 minutes a side until toasted with charred lines. Divide the toasts among four plates.
4. Next, add the tuna steaks to the griddle pan and cook for 4 minutes, turning once, or for longer or shorter, depending on your preference.
5. Place the tuna steaks on the toasts and top with the cucumber salad. Drizzle with a little soya sauce before serving.
EACH SERVING: About 1 230kJ, 10g fat (2g saturated), 19g carbohydrate (2g total sugars).