- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 green chillis, 1 finely chopped and 1 sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp castor sugar
- 2 x 160g cans tuna in spring water, drained
- small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 200g plain tortilla chips
- 125g strong Cheddar, coarsely grated
- 75g guacamole
- 2 spring onions, sliced
Recipe DirectionsThe chips at the bottom soften during baking – like a Mexican lasagne!
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry onion for 5 minutes. Add garlic and finely chopped chilli. Fry for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, sugar, tuna and most of the coriander. Check seasoning.
2. Put half the tortilla chips in a deep ovenproof dish. Top with half the tuna mixture and scatter over half the cheese. Layer on remaining tortillas, tuna mixture and cheese.
3. Bake for 10 minutes until hot and cheese has melted. Dollop guacamole on top and scatter over sliced chilli, spring onions and remaining coriander. Serve immediately.
EACH SERVING: About 2 160kJ, 28g protein, 28g fat (10g saturated), 36g carbohydrate (6g total sugars), 6g fibre.