- 3 thickly sliced sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- canola oil
- salt and pepper
- two 425g cans black-eyed peas or black-eyed beans
- 280g canned oil-packed tuna
- 1 cup carrots
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup basil
- Microwave 3 thickly sliced sweet potatoes and 1/4 cup water, covered, on high for 8 minutes, then drain.
- Brush potatoes with canola oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill on medium-high for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once. Cut into chunks.
- In a large bowl, toss two 425g cans black-eyed peas or black-eyed beans, rinsed and drained; 280g canned oil-packed tuna, drained; 1 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks; 1/4 cup cider vinegar; 1/4 cup basil, chopped; 2 tbsp canola oil; and salt. Fold in potatoes.
EACH SERVING About 1 870kJ, 27g protein, 49g carbohydrate, 17g fat (2g saturated), 10g fibre, 750mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter