- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 x 350g boxes Fry’s Vegetarian Mince with Vegan Gravy, defrosted, or other vegetarian mince
- 100ml red wine
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1½ tbsp mixed dried herbs
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 600ml milk
- 9 dried and ready-to-cook lasagne sheets
- 50g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the onion for 10 minutes. Turn up the heat, add the mince and fry for 5 minutes. Add the wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and herbs, then crumble in the stock cube and add some seasoning. Bring mixture to the boil; simmer for 5minutes until thickened. Take off heat.
- To make the white sauce, heat remaining oil in a pan and stir in the flour. Cook for 30 seconds, remove pan from heat and gradually whisk in the milk. Return mixture to the heat. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes, whisking constantly, until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spoon a third of the mince mixture into a 2-litre ovenproof dish. Cover with three lasagne sheets and a little white sauce. Repeat the process twice more, finishing with a layer of white sauce. Sprinkle over the cheese and cook for 30 to 35 minutes until golden. (Cover with foil if browning too fast.) Serve immediately with a salad.
EACH SERVING 2 264kJ, 19g fat (5g saturated), 58g carbohydrates (9g total sugars)
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter