- 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jar (250g to 280g) artichoke hearts, rinsed and cut into quarters
- 450g roasted red peppers, patted dry
- 85g baby spinach leaves
- 4 (12cm square) pieces focaccia bread
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 large ball (450g) fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, shallot, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place artichokes in one medium bowl, peppers in another and spinach in a third. Divide dressing among them.
- Toss contents of bowls until well coated.
- With a serrated knife, split each focaccia square horizontally in half.
- In a small bowl, stir together pesto and mayonnaise. Spread on all cut sides of focaccia.
- On each bottom half of focaccia, layer one-fourth each of spinach, peppers, mozzarella and artichokes. Replace top halves of focaccia.
EACH SERVING About 3 290kJ, 31g protein, 69g carbohydrate, 43g total fat (18g saturated), 4g fibre, 97mg cholesterol.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter