- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium baby marrow, sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 1 can (400g) crushed tomatoes
- 150g fresh lasagne sheets, broken into thirds
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 200g mozzarella cheese, grated
- fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- In a deep 30cm frying pan, heat oil on medium-high. Add baby marrow, pepper, onion, garlic and ó tsp salt. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring. Reduce heat to low. Stir in tomatoes.
- Add lasagne-sheet pieces to sauce, making sure each piece is at least partially submerged. Cover and cook on low for 15 minutes or until pieces are almost al dente, gently stirring twice.
- Dollop ricotta all over the pieces, then sprinkle mozzarella over ricotta. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and the pieces are al dente. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp black pepper and garnish with basil.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter