- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1kg watermelon flesh, deseeded and cut into small chunks
- 5 large tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ cucumber, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 100g white crustless bread, torn into chunks
- small bunch mint, leaves picked
- 125g feta, drained
- balsamic glaze, optional, to drizzle
- In a small bowl, mix shallot and vinegar; set aside for 10 minutes.
- Set aside 75g watermelon for garnish, and put remaining into a blender along with tomatoes, cucumber, bread, shallot mixture and most of the mint. (You may need to do this in batches.) Whizz until smooth and season to taste. Chill, if you like.
- Pour soup into 4 bowls, crumble over feta and sprinkle over remaining mint leaves. Cut reserved watermelon into small cubes (if not already done) and sprinkle over soup. Grind over some black pepper and drizzle with balsamic glaze, if you like. Serve.
- EACH SERVING: (without glaze) About 1 090kJ, 10g protein, 8g fat (5g saturated), 35g carbohydrate (24g total sugars), 3g fibre.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter