- 350g whole-wheat penne pasta
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 350g chicken sausage
- 1 punnet Rosa tomatoes, each cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
1. Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling on high. Add pasta and cook according to instructions on label, adding broccoli when 3 minutes of cooking time remain. Reserve 1⁄2 cup cooking water; drain pasta and broccoli.
2. Meanwhile, slice the chicken sausage into 2cm pieces. In a 30cm nonstick frying pan, cook sausage pieces on medium for 7 to 8 minutes or until they begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes longer, stirring.
3. Stir pasta, broccoli and 1⁄4 cup pasta cooking water into sausage mixture in frying pan; heat through, adding additional cooking water if needed. Remove from heat; stir in basil and cheese.
EACH SERVING About 2 120kJ, 32g protein, 74g carbohydrate, 13g total fat (4g saturated), 10g fibre, 71mg cholesterol, 760mg sodium.