‘Jeans are probably the most important staple in my wardrobe. I literally live in them. Denim has been revolutionised this season. It’s distressed, it has motifs and embroidery, and it’s frayed. I wear jeans with absolutely everything, from T-shirts to formal velvet blazers and heels. I am very careful when washing my jeans. I always wash them inside out. I put them on a cold cycle so they don’t shrink. If they have stretched and I need to shrink them, I use a hot-water delicate cycle and tumble-dry them.’ – GH fashion director Bev Nates
Pin this article for later! For more, follow Good Housekeeping on Pinterest.
Casual and chic
No matter the season, the occasion or the colour, denim jeans are an effortless and timeless trend. From high-waisted to ripped and skinny, stretchy or flared, jeans are a comfortable and classic choice.
Wear and care
While denim is a hardy fabric, there are a few things you should do to keep them looking as good as the day you bought them:
1. Denim is made from tightly woven twill, so it’s very durable. You only need to wash jeans after wearing them for the second or third time.
2. Dry your jeans outside, but try to avoid direct sunlight, which can cause fading.
Love your classic denim! Skip has some great tips to keep your favourite denim garments looking newer for longer
1. Iron your denims while they are still slightly damp to remove any unwanted crease marks.
2. Use Skip Semi-Concentrated Liquid. Wash after wash, colour stays vibrant and fabrics stay smooth.
3. Wash denim inside out to preserve the colour.
4. Use the coldest and the softest wash setting to prevent shrinkage.
New Skip Semi-Concentrated Liquid with Fibre Care Technology is designed to penetrate deeply into the heart of fibres to keep clothes looking like new for longer. #NewerForLonger
For more information about Skip products visit www.skip.co.za
Cover photo: iStock/Rohappy