Six steps for making sure your bra is the right fit
Are you wearing the right bra? Finding the right bra is not only important for a great look and feel but also for maintaining good breast health
- Your bra band should not be stretchy and loose on your body, but fit snugly. (It should not stretch more than 5cm away from your body.)
- The cups should contain the entire breasts and any ‘underarm’ tissue. Use your hand to position your breasts in the cups or use the bend-and-shuffle method to make sure you are contained in the cup.
- The hook should be fastened to the outermost eye and fit comfortably. As the bra stretches after many washes, you can adjust the hook to a tighter position.
- The band should sit evenly around the body. If it’s riding too high at the back, try a smaller band size: for example, go from a size 36 to a size 34.
- Correctly positioned breasts should sit halfway between your shoulder and elbow.
- Your bra should appear to be invisible once you are dressed. If you do not look supported and uplifted, start again.