First, let’s discuss what exactly varicose veins are. You have veins in your legs with valves that allow blood to pass through to your heart. Sometimes these valves malfunction, allowing blood to pass back the opposite way. This causes the blood to backup and the veins to swell.
But why do these valves malfunction? What are the causes of varicose veins? The truth is there are all different opinions from experts on this matter. Some think that varicose veins are a hereditary issue, meaning you’re genetically predisposed to them. Others believe they’re caused by certain lifestyle factors.
Regardless of what causes your varicose veins, all you really care about is how to get rid of them.
Read on for some practical and natural ways to prevent and treat varicose veins:
- Take regular exercise to improve blood circulation.
- Change your position — move around at least every 30 minutes.
- Remember that smoking doesn’t help — it disrupts your circulation.
- To ease pain and discomfort, place some pillows under your legs to raise them above the level of your heart, and never sit with your legs crossed.
- Doing yoga poses like the Shoulder Stand for a few minutes each day can help improve circulation.
Tips from www.varicoseveinsgone.com.