1. Bergamot Infused as a tea in boiling water, this lemon-fragranced herb can relieve symptoms of a chesty cold.
2. Camomile is known for its relaxing, sleep-enhancing properties and also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects. It’s one of nature’s cure-alls.
3. Horseradish unblocks noses, has antiseptic properties and contains high amounts of vitamin C plus essential minerals. Chew a few leaves regularly if you are brave, or add to a salad.
4. Parsley This popular herb contains natural antioxidants in the form of flavonoids, plus loads of vitamin C. Chew regularly (this has the side effect of freshening your breath), use in salads or steep in hot water to drink.
5. Mint An infusion of fresh peppermint or spearmint leaves in hot water has immune-boosting properties. Inhale the vapours while brewing to encourage clear nasal breathing.