Early breast cancer usually doesn’t show symptoms, but as the tumour grows, it can change how the breast looks or feels.
The common changes include:
- A lump or thickening in or near the breast or in the armpit area
- A change in the size or shape of the breast
- Dimpling or puckering in the skin of the breast
- The nipple becoming inverted (turning inward into the breast)
- Abnormal discharge from the nipple
- Scaly, red, or swollen skin on the breast, nipple, or areola (the dark area surrounding the nipple)
- The skin of the breast taking on an orange peel look or feel
Phone the toll free line on 0800 22 66 22, Monday to Friday from 08h00 to 16h30.