Have you been eating too many takeaways or instant meals lately? You might feel the urge to cleanse your body, but don’t resort to quick-fix detox programmes.
Rather try this 10-step plan.
Not only will you feel healthy, but you might even lose some weight and, best of all, you won’t feel deprived.
- Eliminate all the possible toxins: alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars and saturated fats
- Drink 2 litres of water daily.
- Eat plenty of fibre, including brown rice and organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
- Cleanse and protect your liver by including herbs such as dandelion root and burdock in your diet, and drinking green tea.
- Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
- Breathe as deeply as you can to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
- Practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes. Follow this with a cold-water shower for 30 seconds. Do this three times and then get into bed for 30 minutes.
- Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate wastes through perspiration.
- One hour’s exercise a day is the most important way to detoxify. In particular, try yoga for its detoxifying or cleansing powers.
- Remove toxins through your pores by dry brushing. (Dry brushing involves rubbing the skin with a dry natural bristle brush)
Source (tips): 10,000 Tips How To Do Almost Anything (Quercus) by Katherine Sorrell