To help prevent repetitive strain injury as a result of sitting in front of a computer for too long:
- Make sure your body is correctly aligned. The chair at your computer should offer sufficient support for your back and arms. Your feet should be on the floor and your bottom should be higher than your knees.
- Position the screen so that when seated you can touch it with an outstretched arm.
- The keyboard should be at elbow height and the mouse must be as close as possible to it.
- Get up and walk around regularly to stretch your legs and back.
- Listen to your body. If you have recurring or persistent neck or back problems, consult a doctor.