These days you can’t talk about or google ‘chalk paint’ without coming across the name Annie Sloan.
Paint guru Sloan developed her now famous Chalk Paint™ more than 25 years ago to answer the need she had for a paint that would have many uses, from acting like limewash to looking like old painted furniture. The paint is user-friendly and the range currently includes more than 30 beautiful European-inspired colours.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Chalk PaintTM offers a velvety matt finish and can be applied to almost any surface without any priming or sanding.
- You can add Annie Sloan Soft Wax for a subtle sheen, protection and durability. For an aged look, add Dark Wax.
- You can use it on walls, floors, wood, concrete, metal, matt plastic, earthenware, brick, stone and more – inside or outside. You can even use it to paint upholstery and to dye fabric!
- It dries fast, so you can add a second coat really quickly and transform your home without having to wait for long periods.
- It produces extensive coverage – approximately 13m2/litre – and one coat is usually enough.
- Chalk PaintTM comes in 33 historic and modern colours, which you can mix with confidence to extend your palette.
- Chalk PaintTM can be thinned with water and used as a wash.
- It can also be used as an impasto (a thick application) – just leave the lid off overnight to let the paint thicken.
- Chalk PaintTM is water-based, nontoxic, odour-free and extremely low in volatile organic compounds.
- Brushes wash out easily in water.
- Chalk PaintTM is now also made in South Africa according to Annie’s unique formula.
Annie’s latest book, Annie Sloan Paints Everything (Cico Books), will be available from November in bookshops nationwide.
A stunning new cool blue called Giverny has just been launched.
WHERE TO GET CHALK PAINT™: