Why buy a spice rack for your kitchen when you can make your own? Create a space to store your spices with this great DIY project. Follow this quick and easy step-by-step video to make your own spice rack.
How to make a spice rack:
What do you need?
1. 2 x pallets (one complete, one for extra planks)
4. Woodoc Water-Borne™ FLOOR Clear and White
5. Woodoc Colours
10 easy steps to make a spice rack:
- Find 2 pallets or cut a large pallet down to size.
- Remove the pallet staves from one of the pallets.
- Screw these loose boards to the bottom of the other pallet to create shelves.
- Create an extra shelf by securing a pallet stave in the middle of the pallet.
- Sand the pallet until smooth and remove all splinters. Remove all dust by wiping the surface thoroughly with a soft, dry cloth.
- Mix Woodoc Colours Sable with Woodoc Water-Borne™FLOOR Clear and White.
- Apply your first coat of sealer. Allow to dry completely. A light sanding of the surface is recommended at this stage. Wipe clean with a soft, dry cloth. The brushes used should be cleaned immediately after use with water.
- Stir the product well and apply the second coat of sealer. Allow to dry completely.
- Stir again and apply the third coat of sealer. Allow to dry completely.
- Arrange your spices in your new pallet spice rack!
Woodoc Water-Borne™ FLOOR is a tough and durable, modern sealer that is easy to apply and can be used for all indoor wooden floors and stairs. This product is water-, alcohol- and stain-resistant, and is available in Clear/White and Matt/Gloss.
Woodoc Colours are formulated to be added to the Woodoc Sealer of your choice to ensure an easy and controlled application. Woodoc Colours are available in 12 fashion shades and eight wood shades, and can be used on pine furniture, wooden floors, wooden toys, wooden patio furniture, garage doors and gates.
For more information on Woodoc wood-care and maintenance products, visit www.woodoc.com.