1. Create space with a new coffee table
The standard height of a coffee table is between 34 and 40cm. Your coffee table should not be more than 4cm lower than the seat of your couch. Small space? Try grouping two or three smallish tables together.
Look for pieces that work with your other furniture. For example, an L-shaped couch needs a substantial coffee table to partner with it. If space is an issue, opt for a table with storage underneath it. Make sure there is enough tabletop space for a tray for trinkets and essentials like remotes.
Related: Whats your decór personality?
2. Bring colour to the room with scatter cushions
ASK VICKI: ‘How many scatter cushions on a bed is enough, and how many is too many?’
If it were up to my husband, we wouldn’t have one cushion in our entire house! That said, if you’d like to transform your bedroom into a space worthy of a five-star hotel, cushions will do that. Personally, I think too many can lead to marital discord, so I would opt for two statement cushions (60 x 60cm) in a beautiful fabric or print.
You can change them with the seasons or your mood. For a truly luxurious feel, make sure the inners are feather – try www.grannygoose.com for quality choices.
3. Modernise your bathroom in 4 steps
1. Paint or wallpaper a feature wall.
2. Hang a statement mirror or framed print
3. Invest in some new pot plants or hanging plants.
4. Buy a new bathmat or towels.