These cleaning superstars have stood the test of time. Stick to these basic products to keep your home spick and span:
• Kill most mildew and mould (spritz small areas).
• Deodorise sponges: let it sit for five minutes, then rinse.
• Remove rust from screws and scissors. Soak overnight.
2. BICARBONATE OF SODA
• Clean sinks and baths without scratching.
• Turn a stinky dog into a pleasant-smelling one: rub in; brush out fur.
• Freshen furniture: sprinkle on, rub in, let it sit, vacuum it up.
3. RUBBING ALCOHOL
• Clean and shine windows and stainless steel.
• Remove adhesive left over from bandages and tape.
• Clean gunk off a computer keyboard.
• Scrub coffee and tea stains off mugs and cups.
• Clean dog and cat bowls (no soap residue).
• Soak up gravy/wine/salad dressing on a tablecloth.
5. HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
• Kill mould on paving stones.
• Sanitise toothbrushes; rinse well afterwards.
• Lighten stains on a butcher’s block; rinse thoroughly.