Suede is a versatile fabric found in anything from clothing to shoes, accessories and furniture, but like any other fabric you should take great care of it. This includes knowing how to remove stains from your suede items.
Try these stain-busting tricks:
1. Use an old toothbrush to gently lift any surface dirt and mud stains from suede shoes and boots.
2. Dip a cloth in glycerine to remove grease marks from suede shoes or handbags.
3. Use an emery board to gently rub rain or water marks off. This will also refresh the nap on the fabric.
4. White household vinegar can be used to remove stubborn stains, but test it on a small hidden area first.
5. Cornflour can work wonders as a surface cleaner. Simply sprinkle it on your couch, shoes or any other suede item, leave for a few minutes to absorb grease and grime and gently brush it off.
6. Use a colourless, white or brown pencil eraser (pink erasers might transfer some of their colour) to rub dry stains off suede shoes or accessories.