Quick security check-list:
- Is every external door protected with a high quality security gate?
- Is every opening window secured with a dependable barrier? Don’t leave out ones that seem inaccessible. Also, are fixed window panes also secured with barriers? Criminals can cut these out with very little noise.
- Are all your barriers in good condition? Rust and age can weaken old-fashioned burglar guards and security gates, making them vulnerable to a well-aimed swing of a hammer.
- Are your barriers custom made? This is preferable to ‘off-the-shelf’ as they’re made to fit the actual opening, increasing their strength and integrity.
- Have you checked on your supplier’s certification, guarantees and after sales service? You need to know they will assist with repairs after attempted break-ins, if corrosion sets in or after alterations.
- Do you have at least one window with sliding barriers that can be opened for escape in an emergency?
- Have you had your burglar alarm checked by a technician recently?
- Have you checked that your armed response company is still receiving your alarm signal?
For more information, visit blog.trellidor.co.za.