Why buy Christmas decorations if you can easily make them yourself?
This craft will have you looking at matchsticks in a new light!
1.Click here to download the template for the striking star
2. Trace the star template onto cardboard and cut out.
3. Cut the red tips off four wood safety matches and make a plus sign in the centre of the star as shown; secure with craft glue.
4. Glue matches, tips out, to fill each of the four sections.
5. To hang, use hot glue to attach a loop of red embroidery cotton to the back of one of the points of the star.
Create a flock of ornaments by stitching together gift wrapping scraps.
1. Click here to download the template of the paper bird.
2. Trace the head, breast and body templates onto wrapping paper and use scissors to cut out.
3. Thread a sewing needle with embroidery floss. Working from neck to beak, whipstitch the head piece to one of the body pieces. Then, working from beak to neck, whipstich the head to the second body piece. Continue to stitch the body together along the top and bottom of the tail.
4. Working from tail to beak, stitch one side of the breast piece to one side of the body. Stuff the bird with cotton batting. Then, working beak to tail, finish stitching the other side of the breast to the body; knot to close.
5. Attach rhinestones for eyes with craft glue, then sew a loop of embroidery floss through the top of the bird to hang.