One small change can make a big difference! Change up your bathroom with this affordable DIY project. Follow the quick and easy step-by-step video to make your own DIY refurbished towel rack and breathe new life into your bathroom.
What do you need?
One piece of 16mm pine board cut to 200mm x 500mm
Woodoc Colours Seaweed (20ml)
Woodoc Water-Borne FLOOR in Clear Matt (1-litre container)
100-grit and 80-grit sandpaper
Wood block (for sanding wood)
Dry cloth or rag
Masking tape (1cm to 2cm wide)
Cordless drill with star bits and 6mm masonry drill bits
2 mirror plates and screws
2 screws with plugs
Step-by-step video: how to make your own refurbished towel rack
9 easy steps to make your own refurbished towel rack
1. If you are using a piece of salvaged wood, sand the wood clean to remove any existing paint or sealant with the 100-grit and 80-grit sandpaper wrapped around the wood block. A small hand sander can also be used. If the paint or sealant is difficult to remove, try a heavier grit sandpaper.
2. Add strips of masking tape across your board, running in different directions to create geometric shapes in random sizes.
3. Make sure the masking tape is pressed tightly against the board to prevent the colour from bleeding underneath.
4. Mix the 20ml of Woodoc Colours Seaweed into the 1-litre container of Woodoc Water-Borne FLOOR in Clear Matt.
5. Use the paintbrush to apply the first coat lightly with the brush and leave to dry for about an hour. (Warmer conditions will decrease drying time.)
6. Apply the second coat, allowing it to dry completely and to darken the tone of the blue. Sand lightly with sandpaper.
7. As soon as the last coat is dry to the touch, carefully peel off the tape, exposing the lines of plain wood running across the board.
8. To hang the towel rack fasten two mirror plates at the back of the board. Drill two holes into the wall with a 6mm masonry drill bit and insert the plugs and screws into the wall.
9. Hook the mirror plates over the screws to hang the board.
Woodoc Water-Borne FLOOR is a tough and durable modern sealer that is easy to apply and can be used for all indoor wooden floors and indoor wooden stairs. This product is water-, alcohol- and stain-resistant, and is available in Clear/White and Matt/Gloss.
Woodoc Colours are formulated to be added to the Woodoc Sealer of your choice to ensure an easy and controlled application. Woodoc Colours are available in 12 fashion shades and eight wood shades, and can be used on pine furniture, wooden floors, wooden toys, wooden patio furniture, garage doors and gates.
For more information on Woodoc wood-care and maintenance products, visit www.woodoc.com.