1) Name three things that make an at-home brunch special.
Special company in the shape of family and friends, a beautifully laid table with fresh flowers and the smell of toast and freshly brewed coffee.
2) Do you have any Easter rituals?
The only thing that I insist on doing each year is to eat those large white candy-coated chocolate eggs. The trick is to stain your lips chalk white while eating – I’ve loved doing it for so many years!
3) What five ingredients are you never without in your kitchen?
Great-quality extra-virgin olive oil, canned Italian tomatoes, butter, salt flakes and fresh garlic. You can make magic with those five!
4) Name your can’t-live-without kitchen tool or appliance.
I just love my Wüsthof Classic 20cm cook’s knife. There’s no greater pleasure than working with an extra-sharp precision blade – it’s my manual food processor.
5) Which food bloggers do you follow?
I have quite a long list, so I’m just going to name a few: Drizzle & Dip, Scrumptious, Food and the Fabulous, Simply Delicious, My Easy Cooking, Brownie Girl and Rumtumtiggs. We’re lucky to have many great food bloggers in SA.
For Ilse’s blog, see www.thefoodfox.com.