Satisfy a sweet-tooth craving with these yummy treats over the festive season
Makes 20 squares
1 x 397g can condensed milk
15ml Moir’s Lemon Essence
5ml Moir’s Vanilla Essence
2 x 200g packets shortbread biscuits, crushed
2 x 100g packets Moir’s Desiccated Coconut
1 x 100g box Moir’s Mixed Citrus Peel
For the topping
625ml icing sugar, sifted
15 to 30ml lemon juice
grated lemon, orange and lime zest mixed with chopped lavender flowers and castor sugar
- Melt the condensed milk, butter and sugar together over a medium heat and then add the essences.
- Add the biscuits, coconut and mixed peel, and mix.
- Spray a 25 x 30cm dish or baking tray with nonstick spray and press the mixture into it. Leave to cool.
- Add the lemon juice little by little to the icing sugar and spread on top.
- Once set, cut into squares and top with zest and lavender mixture.
Add 50g chopped Safari Almonds and 50g chopped Safari Apricots instead of 100g Moir’s Mixed Citrus Peel.