Mild, fresh and creamy LANCEWOOD® Full Cream Chunky Cottage Cheese can be used in so many ways. Try it in salads, on crackers or over baked potatoes, or use it to make these decidedly moreish thick and delicious pancakes.
For more delicious LANCEWOOD® recipes visit www.lancewood.co.za.
FLUFFY COTTAGE-CHEESE PANCAKES
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 cup LANCEWOOD® Chunky Cottage Cheese (or LANCEWOOD® Plain Creamed Smooth Cottage Cheese)
½ cup milk
2 tbsp oil
nonstick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, milk and oil.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and whisk until just blended.
- Lightly coat a large frying pan or griddle with nonstick cooking spray, then heat over a medium heat.
- Working in batches, form each pancake by spooning about ¼ cup of the batter onto the frying pan.
- Cook, flipping pancakes once, until golden brown on both sides and cooked through (about 5 minutes in total).
- Transfer to plates and serve with jam, fresh fruit and LANCEWOOD®
This webvertorial was sponsored by LANCEWOOD®.