Mini Fruit Cakes
250g Safari Cake Mix
50g Moir’s Mixed Citrus Peel
50g Moir’s Red Glacé Cherries, halved
50g Safari Flaked Almonds
125ml brown sugar
5 ml Moir’s bicarbonate of soda
2 ml mixed spice
1 extra large egg
60 ml sherry
60 ml milk
200 ml cake flour
2.5 ml Moir’s baking powder
- Place cake mix, mixed citrus peel, cherries, almonds, butter, brandy, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice in saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, lower heat and cook for 5 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Leave to cool.
- Beat the egg, sherry and milk together and add fruit mixture.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Spoon into muffin cases in a muffin tin and bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 30 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Decorate with thinly sliced glacé fruit.
TIP: Instead of using brandy and sherry, use orange juice and add 5ml Moir’s Brandy Essence. To make a single fruit cake, double up on the ingredients and bake in a lined deep cake tin for 1½ to 2 hours.