Satisfy your sweet tooth this season with LANCEWOOD®. Offering up a diverse range of delicious products fit for any recipe and occasion, LANCEWOOD® is the entertainer’s ultimate secret weapon. Here’s their delicious Chocolate Cheesecake recipe, guaranteed to make your mouth water:
Preparation and Cooking Time: 2 hours 40 minutes Chilling Time: 12 hours Difficulty: Medium
Cannot be frozen
For the cheesecake:
225g (1 1/2 cups) chocolate digestive biscuits, chopped
80g (1/3 cup) unsalted butter, melted
675g (3 cups) LANCEWOOD® Full Fat Plain Cream Cheese
240g (1 cup) castor sugar
3 large eggs
2 tbsp cornflour
50g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
175g (3/4 cup) LANCEWOOD® Sour Cream
For the topping:
150g (1 cup) chopped milk chocolate
70g (1/2 cup) chopped dark chocolate
75ml double cream
For the cheesecake
1. Mix the digestive biscuits and melted butter in a food processor until the biscuits are finely ground.
2. Pack the mixture into the base and up the sides of a 20cm springform cake tin. Chill until needed.
3. Beat the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until smooth and creamy (2 minutes).
4. Add the castor sugar and beat for a further 2 minutes until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one by one, and then add the cornflour, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt, and beat until incorporated. Fold in the sour cream.
5. Spoon the cheesecake batter into the prepared tin. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes at 180°C until the topping is dry to the touch on top. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 1 hour.
For the topping
1. Once the cheesecake has cooled, combine the chocolates with the double cream in a heatproof bowl.
2. Place the bowl over a half-filled pot of simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted, remove from the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
3. Pour the chocolate ganache over the top of the cheesecake, letting it run to the edges. Cover and chill overnight.
4. The next day, turn out the cheesecake and cut into slices with a warm, wet knife. Top with white-chocolate curls before serving.
For more information about LANCEWOOD® products or to find more inspiring recipes, visit www.lancewood.co.za.