What better way to surprise your man on Valentine’s Day morning than with a batch of delicious buttermilk waffles topped with bananas? Snowflake will help make your Valentine’s Day extra-special with a little Snowflake Cake Wheat Flour and tender loving care. Snowflake Cake Wheat Flour is made from the purest, whitest part of the wheat, ground down finely and sifted through nylon sieves, leaving you with only the best flour to whip up the tastiest treats. Snowflake Cake Wheat Flour is also synonymous with quality and flop-proof baking results, ensuring your Valentine’s Day treats turn out perfectly.
BUTTERMILK WAFFLES WITH BANANAS
Makes about 8 waffles
- 500ml (280g) Snowflake Cake Wheat Flour
- 15ml Snowflake Baking Powder
- 3ml salt
- 10ml sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 250ml buttermilk
- 90g butter or margarine, melted
- 60g butter or margarine
- 60ml (50g) light-brown sugar
- 5ml grated orange rind
- 80ml fresh orange juice
- 6 ripe bananas, cut into slices
- 2ml ground cinnamon
1. Batter Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add sugar.
2. Whisk the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter or margarine together. Add to the dry ingredients and beat until batter is smooth, thick and lump-free. Leave batter to stand for about 30 minutes.
3. Heat a waffle pan, spray well with cooking spray and pour the batter onto plates to cover the base. Leave to set slightly and then close lid. Cook for a few minutes until done and golden brown.
4. Topping Melt the butter or margarine in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Add the sugar and stir until melted. Add orange rind and juice, and bananas. Fry for about 3 minutes. Sprinkle the cinnamon over bananas and serve with waffles.
Variation For crisper waffles, substitute the buttermilk with 300ml milk.