1. Sponge the stain with cool water or soak the item for about 30 minutes in cool water.
2. Pretreat with a prewash stain remover.
3. Launder. If it’s safe for the fabric, add chlorine bleach to the wash.
1. Mix one tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent with two cups of cool water.
2. Using a clean white cloth, sponge the stain with the detergent solution.
3. Blot until the liquid is absorbed.
4. Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until the stain disappears.
5. Sponge with cold water and blot dry.
1. Using a clean white cloth, sponge the stain with a dry-cleaning solvent.
2. Blot until the solvent is absorbed.
3. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 until the stain disappears.
1. Blot up as much of the spilled coffee as possible.
2. Use plain water or mix one tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent and one tablespoon of white vinegar with two cups of warm water.
3. Using a clean white cloth, sponge the stain with plain water or the detergent/ vinegar solution. Apply a little bit at a time, blotting frequently with a dry cloth until the stain disappears.
4. If using a detergent/vinegar solution, sponge with cold water and blot dry to remove the solution.
Coffee and Cream
If there’s cream (or milk) in the coffee that caused the stain, be sure to use an enzyme laundry detergent when washing the stained item.