1. Entrepreneurship is a marathon, not a sprint. Don’t expect your business to turn a profit in the first month.
2. Find mentors you can relate to. Good mentors can help you identify and improve your areas of weakness and make learning fun.
3. Do what you love. You’re going to devote a lot of time and energy to starting and building a business, so it’s important that you truly enjoy what you do.
4. Write a business plan. This will help you understand your needs and set clear goals.
5. Employ people you trust. This will prevent you from having to deal with interpersonal issues as well as work challenges.
6. Don’t be afraid to fail; it’s proof that you are meant to be a successful entrepreneur. The only difference between people who are really successful and those who aren’t is the time it takes them to get back up after getting knocked down.
7. Use free advertising. Take advantage of social media as much as possible. Research how you can best market your business before taking the plunge.
8. Provide top-notch customer service, no matter what. If you have a happy client there’s a good chance they will become a loyal client and word of mouth is the best form of advertising.
9. Keep everything as simple as possible. Overcomplicating things is exactly that – complicated!
10. Celebrate when you, your employees and your business achieve important goals.
For more useful tips and business advice, tune in to The Business show with Kriya Gangiah from 11am to 12pm every day on online radio station Ballz Visual Radio.