1 PREPARE YOURSELF
- Familiarise yourself with consumer rights as outlined in the Consumer Protection Act.
2 LODGE YOUR COMPLAINT
- If possible, complain in person.
- Make sure a staffer signs for the documents and faulty goods you leave.
- Follow up by e-mail, using Delivery Receipt and Read functions so you know when your mails have been read.
3 MOVE IT ON UP
- Escalate the complaint to a manager, copying the first person you complained to.
- Still no joy? Get hold of the CEO or a director, copying in the previous people.
4 TAKE IT PUBLIC