But what you feed your dog can harm him more than you think. Here are some foods you should never feed your dog, according to animal.discovery.com
1. ONION AND GARLIC These can trigger irritation in the gastrointestinal tract, leading to damage of the red blood cells and liver.
2. AVOCADO This contains persin, a fungicidal toxin that is toxic to most animals and can lead to breathing difficulties, severe congestion and even death.
3. CHOCOLATE Like coffee, chocolate contains methylxanthines, which can trigger vomiting, increased thirst and serious symptoms like tremors and abnormal heart rhythms. It also contains theobromine, another potentially toxic element.
4. GRAPES Scientists don’t know exactly what element in grapes affects pets, but eating them causes symptoms such as hyperactivity, vomiting, lethargy, kidney failure and even death.
5. YEAST DOUGH This can expand in your pet’s stomach, leading to increased gas production. It can trigger the rupturing of the stomach or intestines.