Easter at Laborie
Tuck into Easter lamb at Harvest restaurant on Sunday before indulging in an Easter Chocolate and Wine Pairing at the cellar while your kids hunt for Easter eggs.
Alternatively visit the estate on Saturday or Monday and receive a complimentary glass of Laborie Rosé MCC at the cellar.
- When: 19 and 21 April: Complimentary MCC; 20 April: Easter-egg hunt at 1pm
- Where: Laborie Estate, Paarl
- Cost: Choc and wine pairing R35; Easter-egg hunt free for diners at Harvest
- Info: http://laboriewines.co.za
- Book: 021 807 3095, email@example.com
Maslow Easter Family Fun Day
Sit back and dine in style at the Lacuna Bistro, overlooking a beautiful garden oasis, while your children are entertained by a special Easter line-up, which includes a kids’ farm with real rabbits and face painting.
- When: 20 April: 1pm to 5pm – lunch; 2pm to 3pm – kids’ activities
- Where: The Maslow Hotel, Sandton
- Cost: R350 per adult and R150 per child
- Info: www.suninternational.com/maslow/Pages/default.aspx
- Book: 010 226 4600, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheer on your children as they hunt for Easter eggs. Those who find the special golden eggs will win prizes. Kids will be put in groups of 3- to 5-year-olds and 6- to 9-year-olds.
- When: 20 April: 11am
- Where: Jingle Jangle Tea Garden and Nursery, Moreleta Park
- Cost: R20 per person
- Info: 012 997 0134, www.jinglejangle.co.za
- Book: email@example.com
uShaka Mega Egg Hunt
Follow the clues on the Easter treasure map and hunt for 100 000 Beacon marshmallow eggs (or tokens) hidden in nooks and crannies across the continent’s largest marine theme park.
Not only will kids collect Easter eggs, the whole family will also see the amazing marine creatures, and participate in fun activities in Wet ‘n Wild, Sea World and uShaka Kids World, where kids can increase their chocolate loot. Special clue – pack a cossie and towel!
On both days, the event ends with a special Easter Dolphin Show at 8.30am, starring Delia the Dolphin, Slippy the Seal, Rusty the Penguin and Raggy the Shark, as well as the Easter Bunny and uShaka’s world-famous dolphins.
- When: 19 and 20 April: 7am to 8.30am
- Where: uShaka Marine World, Point
- Cost: R110 per person
- Info: 031 328 8000, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.ushakamarineworld.co.za
- Book: Computicket
Easter Egg Hunt
Gather friends and family – and a good appetite – and support Richmond Hill’s Neighbourhood watch. There will be sweet treats on sale and a lucky draw for a decadent chocolate hamper, as well as an Easter-egg hunt for the children.
- When: 21 April: 11am to 2pm
- Where: Richmond Hill Park, Richmond Hill
- Info: 041 582 3750