You know how difficult it can sometimes be to find out anything about your child’s day? It’s simply too easy for them to answer your ‘How was your day?’ question with a ‘Fine…’ or ‘Okay…’.
However, by asking your child more leading questions, like the ones listed below, you’ll learn a little more about how things are going at school, and they might just open the door for prolonged conversation. Give it a try….
1. Did you enjoy the lunch in your lunchbox?
2. Did anything your teacher said make you laugh today?
3. What was the most interesting thing you learnt today?
4. Who did you spend break time with today?
5. If you could score your day out of 10, what would it get?
6. Did any of your friends make you smile today?
7. What was the silliest thing that happened at school today?
8. Was anyone absent from your class today?
9. Did anyone get angry at school today?
10. Did you manage to answer any of the questions the teacher asked?
11. What was your favourite lesson?
12. What is the most popular thing to do at break time?
13. Did anyone have food in their lunchbox that you wish was in yours?
14. Did you help anyone today?
15. What was your least favourite part of the day?
16. What is one thing you know today that you didn’t know yesterday?
17. Did anyone get into trouble today?
18. What are you looking forward to at school tomorrow?
19. Are you happy with the people you sit next to in class?
20. Did anyone have any sad news at school today?
21. What’s your favourite thing they sell in the tuck shop?
22. What was the most boring thing that happened today?
23. What was the most exciting thing that happened today?
24. Were there any interesting announcements at school today?
25. Did anyone have a birthday at school today?